Tuesday 17 January 2012

Up the CN tower

Our final weeks in Toronto and we realised that we hadn’t been up the CN Tower! The tower stands 553.33 metres (1,815.4 ft) tall and you can see it from pretty much anywhere in the city. Every time we thought about going up, the weather was really bad or the sky wasn’t clear. We decided to go up just before Sunset to try and get both day and night. It was a really clear day. As it’s off season too we hardly queued. In the summer you can wait for up to two hours to go through security and wait for the lifts.


  CN Tower 001 


The view is amazing. And I try not to think that I’m standing on a round bulb sticking out of the top of a long thin spike. The lift when you go up is pretty scary as it has glass panels on the floor.


 CN Tower 002 
You can also go out and walk around the bottom. It’s a bit of a shame for pictures that they have the mesh, but I think I would be on my knees if it wasn't there!


 CN Tower 013 
There’s a glass walk way where you can see straight down to the ground. I couldn't stand on it, but managed to get this pick.


 CN Tower 015 
 There was the most stunning sunset, we were so lucky.


CN Tower 026


CN Tower 024 
After the sun went down, the city illuminated with lights. I'm so glad we got to experience both.


 CN Tower 030


CN Tower 047

No comments:

Post a Comment