Wednesday 9 May 2012

Vancouver Cherry Blossom

We’re now into our fourth month in Vancouver and we are well into spring – my how time flies.

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite things about Vancouver so far, and no it’s not something you can eat…

It’s cherry blossom.

Being a hayfever sufferer you might be thinking I’m mad, but to be honest, I would put up with it for the cherry blossom. It’s just so pretty.

Everywhere you go, nearly every road is decorated with the beautiful candyfloss trees, which sprinkle pink confetti every time the wind blows.

  Vancouver Bike Ride 9th April 024

Why are there so many cherry trees in Vancouver?

More than 37,000 ornamental cherry trees were generously gifted to the City of Vancouver from Japan in the 1930's. The city even celebrates these trees with a Cherry Blossom Festival each year.

  Vancouver Bike Ride 9th April 014

Just gorgeous.

  Vancouver Bike Ride 9th April 010

You can view all my pictures here:



Created with flickr slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment