Tuesday 7 February 2012

My first Canadian Beaver Tail

So I've eaten Poutine, drank Tim Hortons but I was still yet to try a beaver tail. Don't worry it's not actual beaver tail, they're a type of fried dough in the shape of... a beaver's tail!



You can choose from an array of flavours from maple butter, skor bar, Oreo cookie, rieces pieces, chocolate and banana. We went for a hazlenut chocolate spread.



It was so delicious, I thought it might be too greasy being fried but it was just really crispy and quite light - well the dough not the Nutella!!



I also ended up looking just like this little girl... Mmm beaver tails rock!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having marvellous culinary adventures, as well as cultural, on your travels Hols. Must admit I had to do a double-take at the thought of fried beaver tails....so glad to hear they're pastry :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too!! I think the pastry chocolate ones are a lot kinder too :) Hope all is well with you and the doggys X

      Delete